We were invited to opening night of The DiscOasis and it was spectacular!
The DiscOasis is a music-driven interactive fantasy that invites you into a glittering disco paradise for the soul. There is something magical throughout the botanical garden; music, dance, art and rollerblading!
As you go through the botanic garden you come to a different exhibit, and although we recorded a lot of it, the video and photos do not do it justice, you just have to experience it all in person! The night was perfect with the full moon and warm summer at the Southcoast Botanic Garden. When we arrived to the final destination, we were in awe of the music, lights and huge outdoors rollerblading ring! There is also a dance floor and a pretty cool DJ spinning. It’s immersive and it just feels like you are a part of the show! It was so enchanting, I was smiling the whole time, I think it’s what our soul needs right now!
The life-source and healing power of The DiscOasisis music, is the legendary multiple Grammy Award-winning composer, producer, arranger, guitarist, Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and Songwriters Hall Of Fame inductee, Nile Rodgers!
Here is what you need to know before going to DiscOasis:
1. Located at South Coast Botanic Garden.
2. This limited-run experience will be open to the public July 16th through Labor Day weekend.
3. General admission and VIP admission tickets are on sale TODAY, and will be available online atTheDiscOasis.com or (213) 267-8786.
4. food and beverage area with a curated selection of food trucks that highlight local cuisines, paying tribute to the iconic snack bar foods found in local roller rinks.
5. You must sign a release form if you will be rollerblading.
6. Wear comfy shoes and socks if you Olán to roller blade. Even if you don’t, it’s a nice long walk.
7. Roller Disco – experience the magic of roller skating and dance along with professional roller skaters and performers styled in fabulous costumes and glitter, throughout the garden, and alongside in the radiant Roller Disco.
8. Grow, Glow, and Groove Dance Flora – Revelers will express themselves on the oversized “bloom” box dance floor.
9. You will journey through a variety of environments, where you will be welcomed by mysterious sounds and transported into another world.
10. Parking is not included, bring cash.
A neat thing worth noting is that the charity partner for The DiscOasis is the “We Are Family Foundation”, a not-for-profit organization co-founded by Nile Rodgers and dedicated to the vision of a global family by creating programs that promote cultural diversity while nurturing and mentoring the vision, talents and ideas of young people who are positively changing the world.