Last weekend we were invited to opening weekend of Tanaka Farms Pumpkin Patch! Later in the afternoon, the weather was perfect with a nice refreshing breeze and we got to enjoy some of their farm-favorite activities!
We have been going to Tanaka Farms pumpkin patch since Stacy was a baby, it is our favorite in the OC. We love taking our annual Pumpkin Patch family photo there, with their home-grown pumpkin patch and the beautiful views of the farm and corn fields, it is the perfect backdrop.
Stacy really enjoys doing their arts and crafts projects when we visit Tanaka Farms. For their Pumpkin Patch season, they have fun halloween-themed projects. Stacy painted a haunted bird-house and Jason painted a mini-pumpkin. There were also fun farm games for the kids. We couldnt get Jason and Stacy off their mini-tractors, they are too cute to watch and so fun for the kids.
A must is their wagon rides, a fun tour of the farm with a quick stop to watch the cannon shoot a pumpkin across the farm, its fun to watch the kids participating with the launch too!
There is also a barn to feed the farm animals! Jason and Stacy really enjoyed seeing them up-close. This is a nice treat for the kids and adults too! We got to explain all about farm-life to the kids and they were in awe. There ware fun Halloween-themed photo ops throughout the farm, making it all that more inviting during this time of the year.
Of course, then there is the whole process of finding the perfect pumpkin to take home. This was Stacy’s favorite part in anticipation of our annual Pumpkin carving! So much to choose from! And if you dont want to pull it from the fields, they have a huge selection of pumpkins at the market as you exit, different sizes and colours too!
Here is what you need to know for the 2022 season of Tanaka Farms Pumpkin Patch!
- Open from September 17 though October 31
- Parking passes are FREE Monday-Thursday and Fridays until 11:30am.
- $10 parking fee is required beginning at 12pm on Friday and all day Saturdays and Sundays.
- No walk-ons are allowed unless proof of local residency is provided.
- You must reserve your admission tickets online.
- General admission is $10 per person
- Free admission for: 2 years and under, military, veteran and retirees (valid IDs required and do not include a pumpkin).
- General admission includes entry to the Pumpkin Patch, Strawbale Maze for the little ones, play area, and lots and lots of photo opportunities.
- Extra charge for the following (2 years and under are FREE, Military is FREE):
- Unlimited Wagon Rides: $6 per person
- Barnyard Educational Exhibit: $6 per person
- Value Package (Includes Entry, Wagon Ride, & Barnyard): $20 Save $2!
- Parking Pass: $10
- U-Pick Pumpkins: Priced per pound
- Activity Tickets: $2 each or 20 for $36 Save $4! (Fridays starting at 12pm and all day Saturdays and Sundays).
- Farmer Golf
- Mini ATV Rides
- Big Digger
- Duck Race
- Arts and Crafts
- Scarecrow Basketball
- Pumpkin Cannon
- U-Pick Vegetables
- Tanaka Grill will also be open for service with all your crave-worthy farm favorites!
- Produce Market Stand will be available daily from 9am to 6pm for all your pumpkin accessories, fall decor, snacks, farm-fresh produce, and more!
See you at Tanaka Farm!