On Sunday’s we make Waffles but on St.Patrick’s Day weekend, we make Green Waffles!
Ingredients for Green Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs (separate egg whites)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used avocado)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp green food coloring
Directions for Green Waffles
- Mami Preheat your waffle maker. I bought two minis below.
- Kids whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Mami separates the egg whites.
- Mami beat the egg whites with hand mixer.
- Kids mix together the egg yolks, oil, milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Mami adds the egg yolk mix to the dry ingredients and mix well folding in egg whites.
- Kids add a few drops of green food coloring and mix.
- Mami pours the batter onto the hot waffle maker and cook per your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ready to serve and top with your fave’ fruits and syrups! We used condensed milk and it was sooo delicious, they are also good just with butter!